Google Authenticator recovery from iPhone backup
Get the Google Authenticator keys from an encrypted iPhone backup for which you know the password.
- Make a copy of your iPhone backup in a safe place before playing with it.
- Read what they say about it there: https://dpron.com/recovering-google-authenticator-keys-from-ios-backups/
- Get the source code from any of those copy:
- https://github.com/dinosec/iphone-dataprotection (that has a copy the code from the repo above in the python_scripts folder)
- https://github.com/BietteMaxime/iphone-dataprotection (fork of the previous repo)
- Read the README file in the python_scripts folder for required python modules.
- Make a small change to the file keychain/keychain.py:148 change the array cut to a bigger size like 200.
- Run the scripts and get the keys:
- Convert back the values to a base32 string and add to a new Google Authenticator app or use it using python:
- python #launch the python (v2.7) interpreter